Yes, this is not a catchy title to make you read what I’m about to tell you, it’s a fact that I’m actually shocked how it never occurred to you before.
Freedom for me is to do things my way, the way I see it right without any restriction whatsoever, this is how I define it and I honestly don’t see that anybody qualifies, qualified or will ever qualify of being FREE, why? let me ask you this:
- Can you travel from a country to another without a visa if your country has no political arrangements with this country you’re visiting to allow you in without needing one? if your answer is no, you’re not free
- Can you go anywhere in the world, and without anybody’s permission build a house on a spot you like and a work place for yourself and start a life you choose?
- Can you choose to walk naked in the street without being arrested, attacked, ostracized or at least called names and frowned upon?
- Can you choose to be taller? shorter? bigger? smaller? more attractive? uglier?
- Can you choose your race?
- Can you choose your gender before birth?
- Can you choose when to die?
- what about at least how?
- Can you choose the gender of your off-springs and their quantity? without needing preservatives?
- Can you have the one you love love you back the same way you love them? or at least get them to love you?
- Can you choose to always be healthy and never sicken?
- Can you choose to be rich and never need anybody?
- and now the last question, when you die, you have either Heaven or Hell and this is not even up to you to choose, but can you choose to go somewhere else?
If your answer to all the above was “No”, what do you think you’re free to do? don’t you see you’re only free to choose from what’s available, what you are given permission to choose from, what makes you think you’re free? how did you get to such a conclusion? based on what?